Attending a prenatal breastfeeding class can help you to make important decisions that will impact your breastfeeding success. Armed with evidence-based information and lots of practical know-how you and your baby will be off to the very best start possible.
Prenatal Breastfeeding Classes are offered in a group or semi-private / private setting. Partners are encouraged to attend to help you to learn and support you through this process. All classes include a complimentary telephone/skype call after your baby is born to discuss any difficulties that may be occurring.
Classes are interactive, intimate and cover the following topics:
- How to get off to the very best start in the hospital and at home
- How to lead your baby to comfortably latch and drink effectively(dolls will be provided to practice latch techniques)
- How to know whether your baby is getting enough and whether breastfeeding is going well
- The benefits of skin-to-skin contact and baby wearing.
- How to avoid or overcome breastfeeding challenges
- Natural solutions to breastfeeding problems
GROUP CLASSES are offered at the following locations:
Fee: $69.00 for a 2.5 hour class
PRIVATE/ SEMI-PRIVATE CLASSES are offered in the comfort of your home or in a setting conducive to a private / semi-private class.
Fees: $150.00 for a 2 hour class
See a review of our class from the Mommy Gearest Blog - “The keys to breastfeeding success”: prenatal education with Lactation Consultant Taya Griffin (guest review).